AMOUR FOU Profil
Founded in Luxembourg in 1995 and in Vienna in 2001, AMOUR FOU Luxembourg and AMOUR FOU Vienna, realise artistically exceptional feature, documentary and short films for the international market with international and, most frequently, European partners. Throughout the process AMOUR FOU stands for vision and pushing the envelope, whether in regard to aesthetics, production or distribution strategies. The focus is on European independent auteur cinema and the distinctive “handwriting” of the directors who work with AMOUR FOU.The associate partners of AMOUR FOU Vienna and AMOUR FOU Luxembourg are Bady Minck and Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu.
2016 AMOUR FOU Films @ Austrian Film Awards, IFF Göteborg
· ’Dreams Rewired’ @ IFF Göteborg
· ’Casanova Variations' wins the Austrian Film Award for best Editing by Evi Romen
· 'Casanova Variations' wins the Austrian Film Award for best Costume for Renate Martin and Andreas Donhauser
· ’Dreams Rewired’ Theatrical Release @ New York, San Franciso, Los Angeles etc.
2015 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Rotterdam, Diagonale, Crossing Europe & Jihlava, Teheran
· ‚Fieber‘ nominated for Best Fiction as Coproduction @ the Luxembourgish Academy Awards
· ‚Fieber‘ nominated for Best Music, Best Editing & Best Production Design @ the Luxembourgish Academy Awards
· 'Amour Fou' nominated for Best Fiction as Coproduction @ the Luxembourgish Academy Awards
· AMOUR FOU as company nominated for the British Excellence Awards
· ‚Dreams Rewired‘ nominated for East Silver Award @ Jihlava International Documentary Film Festival
· ‚Free Spaces‘ wins Best Documentary Award @ Lund Architecture Film Festival
· ‚Casanova Variations‘ wins Golden Romy for Best Script in Vienna
· ‚Free Spaces‘ has its World Premiere @ IFF Crossing Europe Linz
· 'Amour Fou' wins the Austrian Film Award for Best Screenplay for Jessica Hausner
· 'Amour Fou' wins the Austrian Film Award for Best Editing for Karina Ressler
· ’Dreams Rewired / Mobilisierung der Träume’ has its World Premiere @ IFF Rotterdam
2014 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Cannes, Berlinale, Karlovy Vary, San Sebastian, Toronto, Melbourne a.o.
· 'Amour Fou' gets 8 nominations for the Austrian Film Award
· '1313 Dante's Emperor' gets Special Mention of the Jury @ Eurimages Awards at IFF Roma
· 'Amour Fou' wins the Award for Best Film @ Lisbon & Estoril Meo Film Festival
· 'Naked Opera' has its theatrical Release @ Anthology Film Archives in New York City
· 'Casanova Variations' by Michael Sturminger has its World Premiere @ IFF San Sebastian
· 'Hannah Arendt' with Margarethe von Trotta wins Prix France Culture Cinéma @ Paris
· 'Amour Fou' @ IFF Karlovy Vary, Melbourne, Toronto, Viennale
· 'Amour Fou' by Jessica Hausner has its World Premiere @ IFF Cannes - Un Certain Regard
· 'Fieber / Fever' wins the Diagonale Award for Best Production Design
· 'Hannah Arendt' wins the 'Luxembourg Filmprize for Best Fiction in coproduction'
· Elfi Mikesch is awarded with the Special Teddy Award @ IFF Berlinale Panorama
· 'Fieber' / 'Fever' by Elfi Mikesch has its World Premiere @ IFF Berlinale Panorama
· 'The 727 Days without Karamo' gets 3 nominations for the Austrian Film Award
2013 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Berlinale, Karlovy Vary, Jihlava a.o.
· Three Films @ IFF Berlinale for AMOUR FOU Luxembourg & AMOUR FOU Vienna:'Naked Opera' directed by Angela
Christlieb @ Panorama, 'The 727 Days of Karamo' by Anja Salomonowitz @ Forum, 'Hannah Arendt' by Margarethe von
Trotta @ Lola
· Heiner Carow Award for 'Naked Opera' for the best German language film at the Berlinale Panorama 2013
· 'Hannah Arendt' by Margarethe von Trotta wins the German Film Prize Lola in Gold for Best Actress Barbara Sukowaand
the Lola in Silver for Best Film
· 'Hannah Arendt' attracts more than 420.000 visitors in German Cinemas and more than 390.000 spectators in France, it
is released in more than 32 countries.
· 'Le Grand Cahier' by Janos Szasz has its World Premiere @ IFF Karlovy Vary
· 'Le Grand Cahier / The Notebook' wins Grand Prix Crystal Globe & Europa Cinema Award @ IFF Karlovy Váry
· 'The 727 Days without Karamo' by Anja Salomonowitz has been awarded with the Silver Eye award @ the 10th East Silver
Market at IFF Jihlava
· 'Naked Opera' wins the Press Jury Prize @ IFF Message to Man, St. Petersburg
· 'Hannah Arendt' wins the Prix Eurimages, the Amnesty International Prize, the German Directors Award, and the
Federico Fellini Award for Cinematic Excellence for Barbara Sukowa
· 'Hannah Arendt' in the Top Ten Best Movies of 2013 @ The New York Times, and Best Movie of 2013 @ Film Critics Guild
2012 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Toronto, Valladolid a.o.
AMOUR FOUsion > Minotaurus Film & AMOUR FOU join forces under the umbrella of AMOUR FOU and becomes AMOUR FOU Luxembourg & AMOUR FOU Vienna
· 'Empire Me' by Paul Poet wins the Prix du Film Rebelle @ IFF Aubagne
· 'The Future's Past' by Susanne Brandstaetter wins the AAC Award for the best Documentary Film Camera @ Diagonale
· 'Empire Me' by Paul Poet wins the Remi Award @ IFF WorldFest Houston
· 'Hannah Arendt' by Margarethe von Trotta @ IFF Toronto
· 'Hannah Arendt' wins the Silver Spike Award @ IFF Valladolid and the Grand Prix du film d'histoire @ IFF Pessac
· 'Hot Hot Hot' by Beryl Koltz wins the Luxembourg Film Prize
· Margarethe von Trotta is awarded with the Leo Baeck Medaille in New York for 'Hannah Arendt and with the Bavarian
2011 'Hot Hot Hot' by Beryl Koltz @ IFF Busan
· 'Hot Hot Hot' by Beryl Koltz wins Best Actor & Best Director @ IFF Tirana
2010 Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu is elected chairman of the Film and Music Industry Department of the Vienna Chamber of Commerce.
2009 Bady Minck as member of the Orizzonti jury @ Venice Film Festival
· 'Two projects by Frederick Kiesler' by Heinz Emigholz @ IFF Toronto
2008 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Berlinale, Toronto a.o.
· 'Loos Ornamental' by Heinz Emigholz & 'Seems To Be' by Bady Minck @ IFF Berlinale
· 'Loos Ornamental' by Heinz Emigholz @ IFF Toronto
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka wins the Grand Jury Prize @ IFF Durban
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka wins Grand Jury Prize & Prix du Public @ IFF Amiens
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka wins 3 awards @ IFF Granada & IFF Besancon
AMOUR FOU Luxembourg becomes a member of 'ULPA - Union Luxembourgeoise de la Production audiovisuelle'
2007 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Cannes, Berlinale, Sundance, Biennale Venezia, documenta, Rotterdam, Fespaco, Toronto a.o.
· 'Being and Nothingness' by Bady Minck @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'It happened just before' by Anja Salomonowitz @ IFF Berlinale Winner of the Caligari Film Award
· 'Schindler's Houses' by Heinz Emigholz @ IFF Berlinale
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka @ IFF Sundance
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka @ IFF Cannes
· 'Ezra' by Newton I. Aduaka wins 4 awards @ IFF Fespaco:
· Grand Prix Etalon d'Or, Prix Spécial of United Nations,
· Prix Spécial Plan Burkina, Prix Spécial INALCO
· 'The Mozart Minutes' wins Prix Visionica @ IFF Wroclaw
· 'Being and Nothingness' by Bady Minck nominated for the UIP European Film Award @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'Imago Mundi' by Lisl Ponger @ documenta XII
· 'Free Radicals' by Bady Minck @ Biennale di Venezia
· 'Silent Resident' by Christian Frosch & 'Schindler's Houses' @ IFF Toronto
· 'Taxidermia' by Görgy Pálfi wins Audience Jury Award @ IFF Fantas Porto
· 'Taxidermia' wins Iris Award @ European FF Brussels
· 'Taxidermia' wins Best Director Ficco Award @ IFF Mexico
Gabriele Kranzelbinder, Virgil Widrich & Thomas Woschitz leave "AMOUR FOU Vienna". Gabriele Kranzelbinder founds KGP. The rights of the films produced by AMOUR FOU Vienna until 2007 are split between AMOUR FOU Vienna and KGP
2006 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Cannes, Karlovy Vary, Toronto, Montreal, Rotterdam a.o
· 'Taxidermia' by Görgy Pálfi @ IFF Cannes & IFF Karlovy Vary & IFF Toronto & IFF Montreal
· 'If the Lumiere Brothers…' by Lisl Ponger, 'Steffl' by Michael Kreihsl &
· 'Roll Over Mozart' by Bady Minck @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'All People is Plastic' by Harald Hund @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'Taxidermia' by Görgy Pálfi wins Silver Hugo for Best Feature @ IFF Chicago
· 'Taxidermia' wins Don Quixote Award @ IFF Cottbus
· 'Taxidermia' wins Gene Moskowitz Critics Award & Best Supporting Actor & Best Supporting Actress & Grand Prize
@ Hungarian Filmweek
· 'Taxidermia' wins Estonian Film Critics Award @ IFF Tallinn
· 'Taxidermia' wins Award for Best Direction @ IFF Transilvania
2005 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Berlinale, Karlovy Vary, Rotterdam, Locarno a.o.
· 'La Belle est la Bête' by Bady Minck @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'Crash Test Dummies' by Joerg Kalt @ IFF Berlinale
· 'Crash Test Dummies' by Jörg Kalt @ IFF Karlovy Vary
· 'Crash Test Dummies' wins Pluch Drehbuch-Förderpreis @ Diagonale Graz
· 'Crash Test Dummies' wins Silver Giraldillo @ IFF Sevilla
· 'Crash Test Dummies' wins Special Jury Award @ IFF Cinessonne
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' wins Award Most Innovative Documentary @ IFF Roma Art Doc
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' wins Special Mention of the Jury @ IFF Trento
· 'Volver la Vista' by Fridolin Schoenwiese & 'All people is plastic' by Harald Hund @ IFF Locarno
Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu becomes president of the Festival Diagonale (until 2011)
Founding of Autlook Films @ Vienna, by AMOUR FOU Vienna, Navigator Film, Nikolaus Geyrhalter Film & Peter Jager - World Sales, specialised in Documentary Films
Founding of Poool Filmverleih @ Vienna by AMOUR FOU Vienna & Erich Lackner, joined by Peter Drössler - Distribution company
2004 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Cannes, Karlovy Vary, Rotterdam, Toronto, Montreal, Buenos Aires a.o.
· Four Films @ IFF Rotterdam: 'Phantom Foreign Vienna' by Lisl Ponger, 'Struggle', 'Il mare e la torta' by Edgar
Honetschlaeger & 'Encounter in Space' by Thomas Draschan
· 'Girls and Cars' by Thomas Woschitz @ IFF Cannes
· 'Encounter in Space' by Thomas Draschan @ IFF Karlovy Vary
· 'Ma Mère' by Christophe Honoré @ IFF Toronto
· 'Struggle' wins Best Cinematography @ Diagonale & Special Jury Mention @ IFF Umbria
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' wins Special Mention of the Jury @ IFF Szolnok
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' in Top Twenty of Best Documentaries @ IFF Doc Review Warsaw
· 'Phantom Foreign Vienna' @ IFF Montreal
· 'Struggle, 'Il mare e la torta' and 'In the Beginning was the Eye' @ IFF Buenos Aires
· 'Cartoon d'Or - Best Animated European Film' for 'Fast Film'
AMOUR FOU Vienna becomes a member of 'AAFP - Austrian Associaton of Film Producers' and 'dok.at - Austrian Association for Documentary Films'
2003 AMOUR FOU Films @ IFF Cannes, Karlovy Vary, Toronto, Montreal, Melbourne, Amsterdam a.o.
· Four Films @ IFF Cannes for AMOUR FOU Vienna & AMOUR FOU Luxembourg: 'Fast Film' by Virgil Widrich, 'Struggle' by
Ruth Mader, 'Pas de repos pour les Braves' by Alain Guiraudie and 'In the Beginning was the Eye' by Bady Minck
· Four Films @ IFF Karlovy Vary for AMOUR FOU Vienna & AMOUR FOU Luxembourg:
· 'Fast Film, 'Struggle', Pas de repos pour les Braves' and 'In the Beginning was the Eye'
· 'Fast Film' & 'Struggle' @ IFF Toronto
· 'Fast Film', 'Pas de repos pour les Braves' and 'In the Beginning was the Eye' @ IFF Montreal
· 'Struggle' by Ruth Mader wins Cipputi Award @ IFF Torino
· 'Struggle' wins Best Script & ZDF Award @ IFF Max Ophuls Saarbruecken
· 'Struggle' wins Fipresci Award @ IFF Molodist Kiew
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' in Top Ten Best Films in Australia @ IFF Melbourne
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' in Top Ten Best Films Central & Eastern Europe @ IFF Trencianske Teplice
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' @ IDFA Amsterdam and @ IFF Pesaro
· 'In the Beginning was the Eye' Winner of the 'Premio Cinemavenire / Award for Future Cinema'
AMOUR FOU starts Petition against the closing of Austrian Film Festival DIAGONALE
2002 Petition against the closing of the Art-program KUNST-STÜCKE at ORF - Austrian Television
POLYFILM leaves the company AMOUR FOU Vienna Gmbh
2001 Founding of AMOUR FOU Filmproduktion GmbH @ Vienna (since 2012: AMOUR FOU Vienna GmbH) by Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu, Gabriele Kranzelbinder, Virgil Widrich, Bady Minck, Thomas Woschitz & POLYFILM
· 'Nebel' by Matthias Müller @ IFF Rotterdam
· 'ElektroSpeech' by Bady Minck wins Award for Innovative Film & Public Netbase Award
1999 Founding of Danube Entertainment @ Munich by Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu, Bady Minck, Christian Meinke, Fabien Arséguel & POLYFILM Distribution company
· Release of 'Wallace & Gromit', distributed by Danube Entertainment, in Germany, Austria, Switzerland & Luxembourg
1998 Start of the production of 'In the Beginning was the Eye' by AMOUR FOU Luxembourg & Oikodrom in association with Garabet Film
1996 Founding of Garabet Film GbR @ Vienna by Bady Minck & Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu. - Company for project development and postproduction.
· Start of the production of 'Nebel' by Matthias Mueller by AMOUR FOU Luxembourg in association with Garabet Film
1995 Founding of Minotaurus Film sàrl @ Luxembourg (since 2012: AMOUR FOU Luxembourg sàrl) by Bady Minck & Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu - Film production & distribution company
1994 Founding of AMOUR FOU asbl @ Luxembourg by Bady Minck, Alexander Dumreicher-Ivanceanu & Anne Schroeder, joined by Dan Wiroth, Elisabeth Conter, Andrea Helbach - Association for the programming of arthouse films in Luxembourg